I just started potty training my almost 3 year old girl and i'm due in 3 days

how can i continue doing this.. i've been told that a new baby is a draw back in potty training. she's in pull ups.. but i take her to the potty every couple of hours... and she thinks that her pull ups are grown up pants........what can i do.. i'm gonna have a c- section.. and i'll be so tired the first few days i won't be able to take her to the potty.. someone else will but is that right?? i know my timing is bad.. but i am egyptian.. and the circumstances last few months were tense.......i started 2 weeks ago?? help please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, I think you keep going with what you have started, just be prepared to have extra patience and to not make a big deal if you hit a few setbacks. And I think it's fine to have someone else take her potty while you are unable, just have her come back and tell you how she did and get very excited about it. I would keep the focus now on how she is a big girl, your special big girl, and she can go in the potty like a big girl and doesn't need diapers like the baby. She can be your helper now because she is a big girl. With oversight she can help you feed and hold and change the new baby. Try to get her involved as much as she wants to be and praise, praise, praise her for everything she does correctly. Good luck to you. You will have your hands full but it will get easier in time.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011