WHAT? You mean Santa is not real?

I have no idea what category I will put this in. Anyway when you found out Santa wasn't real how did you feel and how did you react? Does it effect you today?

RaeLynn1221

Asked by RaeLynn1221 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Entertainment

• OMG.. my mom told me when I was about 3 that Santa wasn't real! I asked her, and later on she told me that she couldn't lie to me about it. I can't say I remember why I asked her about Santa. But I wasn't upset about finding out the truth.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 12:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I was 8 and my evil aunt decided to gather us and tell us the truth (without my mother's authorization). I felt stupid because my aunt was basically telling us how it was and she was mad and I could only think, why is she mad at me? why did my parents lie to me so I could be blamed for this? yuk
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 12:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I think I was around 9 years old when I found out. I remember my parents telling me not to tell my younger brothers and so I tried to keep it real for them. I wasn't upset...I do remember that much.
    Anonymous

• I was 11 years old, my 12 year old cousin told me. I cried and was in denial, insisting that he really was real. No it doesn't effect me today because I was 11 and it was about time someone told me the truth..
    Anonymous

• my brother and i always kinda knew. growing up we always left santa out some cookies and soem whiskey. we kinda pieced it together when we got up in the morning and dad was drunk and mom had cookie crumbs all over her. lol..fun times...
    Anonymous

• I was about 7 and kind of figured it out on my own. Looking for sand toys in the garage I found what looked like brand new toys and figured it was a hiding place. One of the things I saw was Batman walkie talkies. What a coincidence on Christmas morning when Santa brought my brother those same walkie talkies! I asked my mom and she told me the truth. I was upset only because she also told me about the EB and TF. So to me, that meant that all magic wasn't real. Today though, it does not affect me at all. And in my opinion, magic is real if you believe! I look foward to when my son knows who Santa is.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My mom broke the news to me and I didn't care. I kind of knew already. I was about 5. I decided I'm not going to teach my son about Santa at all and when I do I will tell him he's fake immediately. I'm not going to let some fake, jolly fat guy that doesn't even exsist take credit for me and my husband working and buying all the presents. We will let him know the truth from the very beginning.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• What are you all talking about? Santa is REAL!

:)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I was prob. around 10 or 11. my two older sisters decided that we were going to wait up to see santa... and we saw my mom and my grandparents putting the presents under the tree. nope it doesnt do anything to me now. still love christmas
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I figured it out when I was about 8 or so. I have no clue when I told my parents I knew the secret but by the time I was 9 I was helping wrap presents from Santa for my little brother. I had more fun pretending to be Santa for him then I did believing in Santa.
    My kids are 8, 7, 6 and 2 and they still believe, although I think the older two already realize the whole thing is silly but won't admit it. I'll play along until they want to admit they don't believe.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2008