Can't keep son from placing hands in pants.

We have asked him to stop, but continues. It is our first boy and I am unsure as to why he has started this. Can anyone point me to a place to get tips on correcting this behavior?

MaryS.202

Asked by MaryS.202 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oh man. My nephew used to do this when he was about 4. He's just curious as to whats down there. We told my nephew that if he touched his pee-pee anymore it would fall off then he wouldnt be able to go to the bathroom. Seems a little scary for a 4 year old, but it worked.
    Kylinasmommy

Answer by Kylinasmommy at 2:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• My daughter does this a bit too. It's just normal for kids this age. Tell him he will go blind (hehe)
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i jsut tell my son, do you need ot potty or are you doing another micheal jackson impersonation?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It's a boy thing. My son is 3 1/2 and he is always grabbing himself. When I ask if he needs to potty, he responds, "no, I'm adjusting mom." I have observed his friends with whom he attends preschool, while at birthday parties, and all the little boys do it.
    SmomCyn

Answer by SmomCyn at 2:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I JUST told my 4 year old to get his hands out of his pants. I say it about 376 times a day..lol.. When we're out in public, all I have to do is say " hand" and he stops. Its a boy thing. I think they think its gonna fall off. ;)
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 5:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I have a 9 year old step son who still does the same thing! You can't keep grown mens hands out of their pants either most of the time! It is natural he is learning it is there and it has a mind of its own! He is just curious! At least he don't show it to everyone like my step son did when he was his age!
    mommaoglex4

Answer by mommaoglex4 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2008