Have you ever...

Belittled a pregnant woman for "complaining" about pregnancy symptoms? Not the woman that whine about everything all the freaking time, I want to smack them too lol. But like you had a friend who was pregnant, and after shopping all day at the mall she says to you man my back is killing me! Do you sympathize, or tell her to suck it up? I posted on my facebook I would like my little one currently still baking to take a nap once in awhile. She's constantly moving, rolling, kicking and punching. This morning I was volunteering childcare at my sons preschool during conferences, so I was on my feet for 3 hours babysitting several children ages 1-5. And my daughter would not rest. My stomach muscles hurt so freaking bad. So I made a post about it on my status, just asking my daughter to please nap, if even for 10 minutes. Someone commented I needed to "shut-up and be grateful I'm pregnant, there are many woman that want to experience pregnancy who can't. So for those of us who think we have the right to constantly complain, maybe we shouldn't open our legs and get pregnant" I was like WTF? First of all its my facebook, don't like it move on. But second of all I was like seriously, are you really that mean to pregnant woman? Apparently when she was pregnant miss high and mighty never complained once. I know this girl, that's a line of crap. But it made me wonder, do you get irritated when a pregnant woman complains about symptoms? Since there are woman who want to but can't. I'm grateful the outcome of my pregnancy, but when my muscles hurt so damn bad breathing becomes an issue, i'm gonna vent. What about you ladies?

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• no, of course not. any woman who has been pregnant should be able to sympathize with other pregnant women when they are venting.

i would probably tell the heffer to mind her own business, and then delete her! you don't need that kind of negativity.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would delete her off my facebook if I were you.No true friend of mine would ever say something like that.How mean :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Have you seen how TV/Movies depict pregnant women? There is your answer.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 1:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Normal, once in a while, not every little thing complaining? No!! Not at all. And I didn't feel the need to do so even when I was struggling to get pregnant!

I did want to once - but I didn't. ;) I was dealing with infertility at the same time a friend's sister had an unplanned pregnancy. This mom-to-be would whine about almost anything and ALWAYS end it with "I never even wanted kids. This stinks!" Yeah, I had a hard time with her. I just went out of my way to avoid her as much as possible. (And in the end, after 4 years of failed attempts including medical interventions, we got pregnant on our own. . .and I still didn't like the whiner. LOL!) BUT, that wasn't what you were doing at all!!

You didn't do anything at all wrong. Your friend was way off base.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Ran out of space before - you know, I've got to be honest, I was thrilled to be pregnant after trying to be so for too long. BUT, in all honestly, I am not a woman that enjoyed pregnancy. First time I had horrible, painful sciatica. I ended up on bed-rest near the end with pre-eclampsyia. Second time around I couldn't keep food down - *ANY* food down - without being medicated for nearly 6 months. Got a reprieve and then entering my last month it started up again. Some women have happy, easy pregnancies where nothing changes but their waist lines and others have challenges. Yeah, I complained at times. It's hard to be sunny and appreciative when the simple sight of a glass of water makes you vomit. Sometimes we all need to just vent a little. We ought to be allowed to without someone else deciding we're being inappropriate for it.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes I get annoyed and irritated.. But thats usually with ladies who constantly complain.. try to look on the brighter side of the pregnancy and focus more on positive things.. When I was pregnant i usually compared myself to the pregnant cat who would lay around all day and would have to lay down while she ate and drink water hahaha
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Wow, she sounds like a B-word...I would cut her out of my life and be done with it
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2011