Peeing in the parkinglot...

Has your little boy ever just whipped it out and started peeing somewhere? I was talking to someone yesterday in the parking lot and her grandson jsut started peeing right by all the stuff for sale right outside the store. It was soooo funny!! The boy had to be about 3. She was like NOOO and he started going. Of course at that point their is no stopping him. Has your child done this?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes. My son is now 10 but when he was around 4 yrs old his brother was at wrestling practice and I told him he had to hold it. Well he didnt, he went to the corner near where we were parked and whipped it out and started peeing. I was like omg but ok its in a corner maybe no one will notice. What I didnt notice was that corner was near an olds folks home and some of them were out walking and just stared at my son who had quite a stream going. He was laughing about it and drawing attention. It was very embaressing.

Answer by gemgem at 1:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• We don't have any boys, but when I babysat our nephew it was really hard to convince him that boys really did have to pee inside. He was really mad at me because I would not let him go in the front yard like he could at home - and he was seven, plenty old enough to know better.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My children have not, but my nephew did it a lot for a while. The funniest time, his family was at a memorial service for a baby which was a very heartbreaking occasion. My sister looked over and Dominic was peeing on a headstone O.o My sister was soooo embarrassed!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• LOL Sleeping Beautee that would be so embarrassing!!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• baby brother and his friend did. Baby brother was floating on a raft in a lake and we all looked up and saw this big yellow arch over our raft. He was comfortable and didn't want to bother rolling into the water.

His friend would go behind a tree then at a baseball game, but it didn't matter. everyone would laugh at the big arch coming from behind the tree!

Last time I saw baby brother (now 28) he told me about how he ran up to a all night diner during the wee hours of the night, went up to the big picture window and mooned those inside! the late night diners died laughing!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i have had my kids pee in the parkinglot behind my opened car door... they are 6 and we are out ad about there is no place to potty... of course they are boys and it is a little easier!
    kids have to go and they have to go right then and thre most of the times!
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No. It is wildly inappropriate to pee in public, on purpose at any age. My boys are 4 and have never peed in public except on the side of the road on a road trip, miles away from any bathrooms while with me. My Dad however encourages them to pee outside whenever they are with him, which thankfully is limited to his ranch.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Peeing in a parking lot is nuts, unless it is dark and all stores within a mile are closed.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• twin mommy the boy just did it. His grandma was sooo embarrassed!! It was obviously unacceptable but funny!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My 4 yr old does that all the time. It's pretty embarrassing and yes, we correct him when he does it. He's getting better about it though.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2011