Help! I need ideas for low impact excercise for my 5yr old, preferably indoor.

He was just recently diagnosed with juvenile ruematoid arthritis. He can take swimming lessons later in the year, but I am looking for something fun and indoor. Any ideas would be appreciated.

sweetp37

Asked by sweetp37 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• get the wii fit. everything on the wii fit is very low impact. rehab centers use the wii
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• What about yoga for kids?

Answer by gemgem at 2:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Buy a WII or Konnect lol jkn.. I would say some jumping jacks, walking around the house, dancing, stretching, arm circles, things like that
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Ugh! I was diagnosed at 5 myself..it sucks. I am going to be 36 next month so I've lived with RA for most of my life. Some form of Yoga is most likely the best thing as it will be easiest on his joints.
    I have been in remission for several years now.
    Good luck and I hope your little guy copes well with it as it is a pain being a kid with those limitations.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yoga
    wii
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• call the local karate schools and see if they have yoga classes for kids
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Wii fit, it has the exercises and the yoga
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:07 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Take a look at the following article it might provide you some good information. http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/21/2670387/child-sense-weight-management.html

Also, take a look at www.spiceoflifemekajuiceplus.com take a look at the Children's Health Study information under Resources
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 11:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• does he have a favorite video he likes dancing to, I know my toddler loves to dance to several of his videos and the doctor says that is good for his health also
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I don't know, but I wish you and your LO good luck .
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2011