Does anyone know of any work from home jobs?

i see all the time theese advertisments for working from home, then when you to to fill out app they charge you for it?? is there any at home jobs out there that are not scams?

LuvingMyBoyz

Asked by LuvingMyBoyz at 2:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• Lots of companies hire for telecommute positions.  In my local area, you can work for call centers.  I know that BCBS just closed the local office and is allowing everyone to work at home.  We also have a call center that answers for Sprint and Charter.  In the St. Louis area, Convergys hires for at home workers as well.  It all depends on what you are looking for and what you are willing to put into it because of course, there are some extensive training programs for these jobs.   I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read my blog at Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• There are many opportunities out there which are very legit. Many will require you to spend money. Any decent home based business (which is what you will mostly see on here) is going to require you to spend money, but that is because you are literally buying a franchise. There are also a decent number of companies out there that hire home based employees or telecommuters. I have done both and there are pros and cons on both sides, but I do prefer affiliate marketing and home businesses to home jobs...

That said, I have some companies that hire from home listed HERE.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I work from home selling Scentsy. Awesome company and great products!!! I'd be happy to help with any questions if you're interested.

http://my2scents.scentsy.us
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 7:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• You should never have to pay for a "Job," however most businesses do have some type of start up cost. You may want to check www.wahm.com for jobs. Our Team has come up with a free training for those who are looking to work from home, but aren't quite sure where to start. Visit the link below to find out what to look for and what to avoid.
    www.CEOTrainingVideo.com

Best Wishes!!!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have a great work at home job, but it's not a job-it's my own business...and with any business there will be start up costs and initial investments, because you work for YOU, not someone else.
    Many women get the opportunity confused with working for someone else and having to pay for being able to work-
    whereas, when you invest in a business opportunity, you pay yourself based on your work-

With my company you get over 800.00 in business material and jewelry----when you sign up as a jewelry advisor-

Check it out----it's free to look :) The market is pretty much wide open, not oversaturated like so many others.

http://www.guyandeva.com/polly
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 8:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Let me tell you what works for me. I provide groups with fundraisers where they make 50% of what they sell. I provide them with colorful brochures. They do all the work. I punch in the order & the product goes striaght to the group. No delivery for me. It is that easy. My groups come back year after year. The company used to be known as Home Interiors. After 50 years in business, they mergered with Home & Garden Party to form Celebrating Home. There are always contests where you can win all kinds of prizes, trips and even cars. Right now we are in the middle of a promotion where I can win a trip to New York. In March, you can get a fundraising kit that will get you started for $99.00 or if you want to do both the fundraising & the parties, you can get a kit with product valued over $350.00 for $99.00. Feel free to ask me any questions you have or go to my site www.homeinteriors.com/ttgiffin I'll be glad to help.
    ttgiffin

Answer by ttgiffin at 4:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2011