What is American culture?

I can't seem to pinpoint one thing to characterize our culture besides diversity. Our culture consists of so many cultures, which I am extremely grateful for, and THAT is what makes us American.

How would you define it??

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Oh as a bit of this and a bit of that and maybe sometimes a bit more of other. It's a melting pot....made up of many things, ideas, etc. much of which has been combined into a huge pie of which we can all partake.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Well that depends on exactly what form of Sociology you believe because some would say it's a salad (being able to pick out the different ingredients instead of completely blending them), I have yet to make my own decision yet.
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Heres a good article on it

http://www.americanfamilytraditions.com/american_culture.htm

Answer by gemgem at 2:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• LOL....of course one can pick out the different ingredients of a salad....but they're really tasty all together. No culture is ever completely blended into another but when they are together as seperate parts or as a part of the whole, things are richer and understanding is increased
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011