Does your baby pretty much tell you when it's time for a nap or bedtime?

Do they give you signs like rubbing eyes or sighing? My DD sighs......

Peggs11

Asked by Peggs11 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes pretty much you can tell by the way your baby acts if your baby gets really groumpy or crys alot that is probably becouse she or he is tired or hungry
    brandi8983

Answer by brandi8983 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Oh yes, they get grumpy, rub eyes, crying.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes. I've never dictated when their nap time was, they've always given me signs when they're ready to go down.
    Rubbing their eyes, getting fussy, crawling up onto the couch instead of playing (That's a big sign for my kids), snuggling their favorite blankets, laying on the floor, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yes, my son everyday around 7 or 7:30 he will rub his eyes and cry, I would walk around for a min and he just fall into deep sleep.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Jack's big sign is when he lays his head down and goes to sleep. He's 7 months and only recently started fighting going to sleep so I have to look for the signs. You can usually just tell by looking at him and he gets real cranky. Before now if he was tired he would just go to sleep wherever he was. He isn't on a nap schedule and has no bedtime. When he's tired he sleeps whether that's on the floor or if I notice and put him to bed...doesn't matter. He's starting to go to bed around the same time every night so we might be setting a bedtime soon. He can continue to nap whenever he wants for now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011