• In the Spotlight:

Have any of you ever felt like this? adult content

I love my daughter but I wish that I didn't decide to keep her..life is so hard for both of us sometimes, not that things aren't good right now its just frusterating when things dont go right, and working on teaching my SO how to deal with being a parent is not easy at all.. and he blew up at us on wed's because we were not ready to leave the hotel when he was so we could travel all day to go to nanty glo...and he said he wanted to ship us back to SD.. which I do not want.. I just wish it could all be easy as PIE sometimes INSTEAD of PUSH PUSH PUSH PUSH to get anywhere.. which seems to be my life.. I wish i could have been left to my own demise instead of having life in my belly, and having to change everything to make it so WE can survive together..I even had to give up horses because what the hell would happen if I got hurt when she was even younger than she is now? (shes three now and I dont regret her I jjust feel like im just screwing her life up..
SIGH
sorry for rantingish.. but yeah

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• ps my SO just entered the picture..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• well the honesty is brave. Good for you for being honest with yourself. My fav quote that has helped me many times is" If you cannot change something, change the way you think about it". This life is full of hardships, and this is what you need to go through right now so that you can learn from it. What are you missing here? I mean what are supposed to be getting out of this that you are not? You are are mother and that is the most important thing you need to do. And if you cannot or you feel that this is something that someone else could do better, I think you know what you should do then. Your child is worth it.

Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I'm very sorry that you feel this way...the best avice that I can give you is to pray about it....I know that sounds cheesy and cliche but prayer really DOES have the power to change things...I personally think every mother out there thinks at one point or another that they are screwing up their kids life, I guess the important part is that your trying your best. It probably wouldnt hurt to get a little counseling either. Again I'm very sorry you feel this way and I hope things get better for you soon.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think all of us feel this way at some point. Being a mother isn't easy, not by any means. Being a single mother makes it even harder. I know there have been many times I have wished momentarily that I'd either waited to have kids or never had them at all. Also I think all of us wonder just how much we are screwing up our kids. Just hang in there. BTW if your SO doesn't have the patience and understanding soon, get rid of him.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 3:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Every parent feels like that at one point or another. I can honestly tell you that regardless of what parents say we've all thought of how much easier life was before children. That doesn't mean we don't love them, that doesn't mean we regret having them, that just means that we're at our whits end. We all need a break away from being parents at times and we all need reassurance that we're doing a great job. It's hard on us when we are always giving, giving, giving to these little beings with little to no return. It's important to know though that it doesn't have to be hard work all of the time. That because they always need something, our partners might be hard asses sometimes, or what have you .. that doesn't mean that we can't sit back and appriciate the good things. Everyone goes through hard times, but if we let it get us down then we're never going to stand up and be happy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Try to sit back and think of the positive things that have happened since your daughter was born. The beauty of it all is that you haven't screwed her life up .. Anything that's not good, not happy, not healthy now can be changed. You have the ability to change every negative thing in your life into something positive. Just believe in yourself and know that what you do now makes the future possible. So if you don't want your life to be hard forever then change what's making it hard now. No excuses. That little girl is happy, I'm sure, and she probably is soo greatful that you're her mother. So be happy that you're her mother and know that you're not ruining her life. Have confidence in yourself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• thank you guys <3
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2011