Another Santa question.

How many of you won't teach your kids to believe in Santa "because it's lying"?

Im amazed at how many people consider it lying...It's just been in the past couple of years that I've noticed this though. It's like once one person says it, everyone else follows because it sounds good...what are your opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Santa comes to our house. But to each his own, I guess. If other people feel it is lying (which technically it is) that is their perogative.
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 12:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i think there is nothing wrong with letting children believe in santa. i am not looking forward to the day when my doesn't believe anymore.
    Anonymous

• I think technically it is lying, but I don't see any harm in it. I mean, why shouldn't it be ok to give your kids something to believe in? Really, the only problem I see is that your kids might act ungrateful to you with the excuse "Santa gave me these presents", you know what I'm saying? Then it might make a bit of a mess if you get kind of pissy and let it slip that you actually bought those presents, thank you. I can picture this little scene in my head, and it's actually kind of amusing.
    I think people not telling their kids about Santa is kind of like a fad thing, which is sort of what you hinted at originally. Just like Santa came into fashion, so to speak, he's going out now. Ho ho ho!
    SpookyJ

Answer by SpookyJ at 12:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Also, I'd like to add that I, as well as many many many other people, were not emotionally scarred or traumatized for life when they found out Santa isn't real.
    SpookyJ

Answer by SpookyJ at 12:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• whaddya mean there is no Santa????
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 12:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I don't see the harm in it either. What can it hurt to let them believe in something that's just for fun?
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• grumble grumble... hubby doesnt want to teach her santa, I dont want her to be "that kid" that ruins it for other kids.. grrr.r...
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 1:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• 99% of us were taught to believe in Santa...and about 75% aren't totally messed up in the head, are we? =P

So I don't see any harm in it whatsoever.
    I think a lot of people (not all) are just too protective of their kids. Let them believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny. It'll be a life lesson in disappointment when they find out they're not real.
    I dunno, maybe I'm a just a sadistic realist =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Im 25 and I still believe. I know most of the time it was our parents and now its my turn, but I feel that it is impossible for him to hit everybody every year. I think you are visited at least once in your childhood.

Here's the story and you can call me crazy if you want...
    One year (I was about 13) I was sleeping next to the tree (I did EVERY year!) and I looked at the clock, closed my eyes and then opened them literally 2 minutes later. There was about 10 more presents under the tree. There is no way that my parents could have know the two minutes that I closed my eyes and would have been that quiet. I Believe!!!

So, yes I will let my son believe as long as I can!!!
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• so glad the election is over so there won't be anymore stupid arguments...
    Anonymous