Do you feel that alot is asked of women nowadays? adult content

Get married have babies , work before during and after pregnancy, be an amazing mom, wife, love slave, cook and so on

stella73

Asked by stella73 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• no, not at all. i'm going to medical school because that's what i want, to be more than a just a wife and mother. i work at subway because i feel independent making my own money. being an amazing mommy is not much to ask for in fact if you were meant to be a mom it's just natural. i'm not a love slave by any means, in fact he may be my love slave ;). and as for cook, i love cooking, i grew up cooking. it's fun for me. i do these things because i want to. it's not asked of me
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Uh yeah and truthfully I blame all that women's liberation crap! I love being independant but it has backfired into a pissing contest between men and women to see who can do more better, faster, etc. We're the women...we were designed to perform the role of the woman not the woman, man, and mom all in one. There is such pressure on women to live like that. It's like if you're a SAHM society makes you feel like a slacker or like you aren't "applying yourself". Womens lib I tell ya.....
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 2:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Being a women is hard, and your family should come first, we run the home.

I chose not to work and make sure the home is a happy one.

With kids or with out kids life is hard!

gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i couldn't agree with you more! i don't know how my aunt did it all, she worked full time and then some. cooked every day, kept the house spic and span, laundry done, and had little to no help at all! her dh works a lot too, and it's a physical job so she always took it upon herself to take care of everything. i'm so thankful for her.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes. And too many have fallen for the idea that they have to have it all, do it all, and do it all perfectly. We are held up to standards that can never be met.
    Anonymous

• Not as much as I feel that there are too many women that don't try hard enough. There is nothing I don't like to see more than a woman who still lacks the ability to drive, make her own decisions, etc. A woman should have every right to work, have a career, raise a family, but every means... she should have the ability to make herself financial secure... you just can't rely on anyone these days.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think there is a lot asked of me but not necessarily because I'm a woman, just because my mother's family is nuts and wants me to be myself PLUS my deceased mother. I'm expected to be my own person yet at the same time, do what my mom would do-which would probably be something insane because my mother wasn't exactly mom of the year!
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 2:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• That is what "the women" wanted. My husband wants a wife, mother for the children, the house clean and the food. Easy enough.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My response sounded angry or something. I'm not angry at all. I'm just saying women are pushed to the max all too often and feel like failures when they can't hold it all together, the feel pressured that they aren't doing it good enough, there's guilt about working too much and missing out on your kids, etc. There can definitely be a rewarding balance for sure but I think society as a whole runs on more, bigger, better, faster, etc.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 2:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• "I'm just saying women are pushed to the max all too often and feel like failures when they can't hold it all together, the feel pressured that they aren't doing it good enough, there's guilt about working too much and missing out on your kids, etc."

No, no, no, no, no, Rentamom. Women do that to THEMSELVES. That isn't asked of them these days at all. Now if you were talking about the 20's (minus the job and other freedoms we have now a days) then you'd be more correct. These days we have the CHOICE to have children, work, not to work, go to or not to go to college, get married, etc. It isn't asked of us, it isn't expect of us, it isn't even something that we ourselves expect of us. We have freedoms, choices, rights, and other things that our grandparents and great grandparents didn't have. NOTHING is expected of women these days except what we as individuals put onto ourselves.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2011