Circumsized?

My babyboy is due June 5 &i know i still got 3 more months but i want to know about circumcision.

When your son got his done did he scream or just lay there? Did he seem to be in pain even hours after it was done? Do they give them any kind of numbing before they do it?

Salvadorena

Asked by Salvadorena at 2:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I had my son circumsized I waited about a week so the swelling could go down, and also it helps to make sure the doctor takes off the right amount. My son was circumsized in the pediatrician's office in another room and all I heard was a short cry and that was it. My son was only sore for that day but I was still gentle for the next couple of days. But other than that he suffered no ill effects from it and after the surgery he was fine and he feel asleep and when he woke up continued on with his day like nothing happened. I also think its better to do it while they are little enough not to remember.
    Mom0413

Answer by Mom0413 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Our son was asleep the whole time. Never moved.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My son isn't circumcised because his father isn't and hubs wanted them to be the same for some reason.

But here's a bump for ya.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 2:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Didn't circumcise my 2 1/2 year old, not going to do it to the one I'm due with now either. I just can't think of any valid reason to do it. Neither can my (circumcised) husband...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My son was awake and never cried. He didnt seen fussy afterwards either.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My husband was with our son when he was circumsized, no he didn't cry and he wasn't asleep.  The Dr. tried to give him Tylenol afterwards, hub said no.  There was no reason for it.  The same will happen with my boy due next month. Oh and no he wasn't numbed.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i was SO nervous about this too! but its not that bad mommy, yes they do put numbing gel on it to ease the pain. however my son was great for it..didn't even winch. he came back, nursed right away (they say that helps) and he was fine from then on.
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 6:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Both of my boys are circ'd but I wasn't there when they did it. They were a little upset when they brought them back but calmed right down and didn't seem to notice anything was different. I think they were more upset about having their diapers off and being held down then anything because they screamed the same way at every diaper change even before the surgery.
    They are 9 and 7 months now and have had no ill effects from the procedure.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• we had our son done right before we left the hosptial . They do numb them i know that, but other than that i not too sure. We were not in the room when he had it done. They took him to another room but i didnt hear him scream . I will say that he was sore for a few days but i would rather him be sore now then later on when he is older and getting it done. At least he wont remember it! they will also give u a mdeicated cream to put on him for a few days
    tishytashy22

Answer by tishytashy22 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My son isn't, but I've been told that when you know something "bad" (shots, surgery, etc) is going to happen it is better to be the one who swoops in & "rescues" them afterward rather than holding their hand during. That is for babies, anyhow. Then they'll remember you were the one who saved them, instead of the one who let it happen.
    xJasonsMommyx

Answer by xJasonsMommyx at 11:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2011