Is my son to young to have his hair cut?

My son is 16 months old and has very curly hair. My husband and I are thinking about takeing him to get it cut. I was thinking just a trim, but my husband wants him to get a fade. What do you think? Is he too young for that or do you think is is old enough? I just want opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• You can cut your child's hair at any age. There are cultures that shave a baby's head the day they are born for tradition. Do what you feel is necessary. We cut my DD's hair at 18 mos but it was because she couldn't see and her hair was in her eyes.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• At that age I def wouldn't cut the curls off because they may not grow back as pretty! I've heard of that happening before.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• What is a fad? A mohawk? A mullet? Shaved???????
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• my oldest son is 3 and he has had us trim his hair since he was 4 5months old. His real first haircut was before he turned one, like 2 weeks before his first birthday and now he has had daddy cut it with the shaver from his, or we go to our beauty salon and he gets it done there.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• For my son's first birthday we took him to the hair cutter place and she styled it really cute. I do it now and he gets one about every 6 months.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 2:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i meant fade...sorry typo.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• you can get it cut anytime..what you need to decide is whose idea is the one you're going with? a trim or a fade? i personally don't like hair that short on babies..not too fond of it on anyone, for that matter. but its you/dh's decision.
    not to mention your kid's...he may not be in the right mood for a fade...its a little harder on an unwilling, moving child..just sayin'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Our little boy is 14 mo and just had his 2nd haircut. He actually looks like a boy this time! LOL
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 2:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My husband is in the army and he always has a fade so he wants our son to have a fade. I am just scared it wont look like the same person if we cut it that short. He has very "girly" hair. Its very pretty. Its actually prettier than my daughters har. But it can be a crazy mess too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• We didn't get my son's hair cut until he was older but that was because I didn't want to. He's 3 and has only had three haircuts in his entire life. My best friend's son gets his hair cut once a month and has since he was about 3 months old.

metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 2:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011