My 4 year old (almost5) Has potty problems?

My daughter has been peeing in her pants.

She waits till she can't hold it anymore and doesn't make it to the bathroom or she pees a little in her panties and runs to the bathroom and goes. She says "She can't Make it, or "Its a Big Pee"

She was been potty trained fully by 3. and this has come up in the last 6 months. I am not sure on if this is a thing to worry about or just something she is going threw.

Anyone else had this problem with there children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What the problem seems to be is that she doesn't want to stop playing to go to the bathroom. I would set a timer and make her stop and go and then she can go back to playing.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• There could be multiple reasons for this. My daughter who is almost 5 did this for a while when she first turned 4. I spoke to the doctor about it because she kept getting reoccuring UTI's from it. They told me it normally can be that a kid is too busy and doesn't want to stop and play. If that is the case, it is important to remind the child to go, or even schedule potty breaks throughout the day. Another thing it can be is stress. children act different ways when they are stressed out. Think of anything major that has changed in her life: a new bed, divorce, new school, move, or anything else. If you can think of something, talk to her/him about it and try to relieve the stress in her/his life.
    degnermom

Answer by degnermom at 1:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2011