I walked in on my 16 year old brother

My parents went on vacation and my mom told me I could pick something up at their house. My 16 year old brother is staying with a friend and their parents but when I walked in the house, he was having sex with his girlfriend, I mean, there was no question about it, they were both naked on the couch going at it. I talked to him about it, he said they have been having sex for about 6 months and they don't use condoms but she is on the pill (which worries me) Should I tell my parents? He asked me not to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I wouldn't tell.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yes. I think they'd be pissed to find out later that you knew and didn't say anything. I'm sure they're not ready to be grandparents!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I don't think you should tell your parents, to be honest. He's 16, a LOT of 16 year olds have sex, and at least his girlfriend is on the pill. I'd probably have a talk with him about using condoms anyway, because nothing is 100% safe, and the pill doesn't protect against STD's, but if you tell your parents, he'll most likely NEVER confide in you about anything again...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes, you need to tell your parents. You are the grown up. Does he know that the pill does not prevent STDs?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No I wouldnt. I would however sit down with him and tell him even if shes on the pill its important for him to get into the habit of using condoms. I would buy him some before talking to him about it and make it clear if he needs more he can come to you.

Answer by gemgem at 2:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yes, i'd tell them.if he's old enough to have sex, unprotected at that!, he's old enough to have this conversation with his parents!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i would just talk to him about it but i wouldnt tell ur parents! my lil bro and i have tons of stuff we have never told our parents! and im sure ur parents will figure it out soon!!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I don't think I would tell but I would talk to him about using a condom. I remember reading this book and this guy was talking about how wonderful his mom his for telling him many great things in his life like always respect women and always wear a condom while making love because it'll last longer and it'll help him get her to her climax better. So there you go, that might inspire him a little better.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• He said they don't need condoms because they were both virgins. She refuses to have sex with him if he is using a condom.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• you know that if your parents know about it he's probably not going to open up to them. I'm old enough to have sex and I don't see the need to talk to my parents about it.
    I wouldn't bother telling the parents, he'll just sneak around more.
    but I would get him a big pack of condoms and lube and show him a book with Sexually transmitted diseases, tell him that's what happens when you don't wear condoms! did the trick for my younger brother!
    Anonymous