Why is it...

...conservative people usually want less government interaction when it comes to their money, power and property, but more when it comes to women's health and sexuality?

Doctor Gets Court Order to Confine Pregnant Woman Against Her Will | Change.org News

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• They don't wan to hear it . They find it perfectly normal to chant less government with one breath, and say unless woman want choices, or my religion tells me otherwise.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• EYE ROLL,, I call BS.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I haven't read the article, and don't need to in order to wonder the same thing. You conservatives must agree that it's not just this one story--whether this particular one is valid or not, it's a common theme. It's been part of the platform for many candidates backed by the GOP--less government unless it has to do with a woman's reproductive organs, then they want the government all in her business and want laws written to manage anything that has to do with her uterus. It makes no sense. 

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Who knows but I want LESS government interaction when it comes to my health and choices as a woman.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• IDK...boggles the mind!
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• and the answer is, they are lying hypocrits who want to force their POV and lifestyle choices on others

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Well, speaking as a libertarian/constitutionalist sort of conservative, I don't care WHAT you do with your body, your uterus, how you raise your children, etc. as LONG as you pay for all of that yourself.

If other women weren't expecting free food, free childcare, free health care, free birth control, free abortions, free whatever ~ NONE of which is free and ALL of which is paid for by those who work (instead of making more babies they can't afford to house, feed, or take to a doctor; and whether or not they keep them or kill them) there wouldn't be a need for laws about any of it.

If you demand that people give you their hard earned money you should expect them to have a say in what you blow it on.

Along with YSK, I fail to see what your linked story has to do with conservatives. I also fail to see how this isn't something that should have been between the woman and her doctor.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Double eyeroll.

SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 3:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• http://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-court-orders-pregnant-woman-bed-rest-medical/story?id=9561460&page=1

More of the story...

I don't understand why she wouldn't be allowed a 2nd medical opinion that just boggles the mind.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• on most social issues as well as religion

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011