Does this sound like she is trying to get pregnant to you?

I asked this question:
My parents went on vacation and my mom told me I could pick something up at their house. My 16 year old brother is staying with a friend and their parents but when I walked in the house, he was having sex with his girlfriend, I mean, there was no question about it, they were both naked on the couch going at it. I talked to him about it, he said they have been having sex for about 6 months and they don't use condoms but she is on the pill (which worries me) Should I tell my parents? He asked me not to

And I got some people saying that she might be trying to get pregnant, I hadn't thought about that but I guess that would make sense of her behavior. does it look that way to you? He said that she says it's a trust thing, like if he uses one, he doesn't trust her and if he doesn't trust her, why are they having sex.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Um yeah, well, that's what happens when kids are having sex.  There is no logic or reasoning in my opinion.  It could very well make sense to her but to me I see it as stupidity.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It has nothing to do with trust. It is his reponsibility to prevent pregnancy just like it is hers.

I would tell your parent since he wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• you know i hate when people say this. nothing against you personally, though. regardless of what she says, it takes TWO to make a baby, and if he doesnt 100% trust she's on the pill, he needs to wrap it up anyway. if she says he doesn't trust her because of it, then on to the next! that's a little psycho sounding anyway. i dont know if shes trying to get pregnant, but if he doesn't want a baby, he needs to take his own precautions.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• preggers trap or not....

CONDOMS folks..... CONDOMS.....
    it is not a trust thing... is the a saftey and HEALTH thing!!!

I would explin to him that even though she is on th pill she can still get preggers.... scare him with the eptopic pregnancy risk of birth control pills....

I would not tell his parents yet.... he needs someone they can TRUST and confide in and if you burn this bridge now you ruin the chance of them ever talking to you about something that may come up later.... and they need big sister.
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Sounds a little crazy to me and it kinda does sound like shes wanting to get pregnant.. I think your brother needs to talk to his gf more about using condoms and explain to her its not a trust thing its a safety thing
    Anonymous

• First and foremost you need to tell your brother that condoms aren't just to prevent pregnancy. They are also to protect him from the many worse things that can happen from having sex with multiple partners through out your life not to mention their multiple sex partners through out their life. Plus birth control is NOT 100% especially if she misses a dose or ever takes antibiotics. I would consider encouraging him to tell his parents he is sexually active. If you find reason to believe he is placing himself in danger then give him a date that you will go to them instead.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• not just her fault, his too!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I agree with this

"I would explin to him that even though she is on th pill she can still get preggers.... scare him with the eptopic pregnancy risk of birth control pills.... "

Scare the both of them and tell them that an ectopic pregnancy can harm her as well
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Six months of unprotected sex and she isn't pregnant yet? She must honestly be on the pill. BUT he shuld still be using a condom and he should not have been in the house while your parents were gone so yeah, I would tell them he is sneaking around. THAT is more likely to ge thim in hot water later than the sex is.
    Anonymous

• I would tell. He is a 16 year old kid, not a repsonsible adult who is living on his own and fending for his own. He does not have a "right" to privacy when it comes to dangerous behaviors! It is not only about pregnancy, but STD's which kids in HS pass around all the time! And who knows, his chick could already be preggers from another guys and trying to pit it on your brother.

Sometimes, the best person to speak to a teenage boy about these matters is Dad, himself. Your parents love him, and it is their responsibility to keep him safe and sway him from dangers. How can they do that when he is hiding stuff?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011