Kids hear EVERY freaking thing!!!! lol

My 4 year old daughter was taking her nap when DH comes home from work...I was telling him how pissed off I was because Tobasco our chihuahua pee'd on our bed right after I changed the sheets....when I wake her up from her nap later that afternoon she asks me "Mommy are you still pissed off with Tobasco? Don't be mad he's a good dog" OMG I thought she was SLEEP!!!! Has this ever happened to you? And worse has it happened to you in public?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh, selective supersonic hearing because they can hear our whispers over a TV from the other side of the house, but they don't seem to hear us when we tell them to clean their rooms.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Oh yeah, they hear even when you don't think they are listening, so be careful what you say around her.....because they will also repeat everything they hear good or bad!

Answer by older at 3:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• LOL thats too cute! the same thing has happened with my 4 year old but i cant think of anything right now.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• not in public, but yes! That is funny tho!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My husband and I SWEAR our kids have selective supersonic hearing. We can be in another room whispering about a surprise dinner or something for them and they'll come tearing in, interrupting us, to add in their two cents. We look at each other, baffled, as to HOW they heard our whispers over the cartoon/movie they were watching.

And yes, my 7.5 year old son has innocently repeated something I've said at the most embarrassing moment possible.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• lol. They're little sponges. They pick up everything. I was babysitting for my older sister. Her little boy is 3 and an amazing talker. Well he was in the living room playing with my little boy. Me and my friend were chatting in the other room over coffee talking about how my son isn't talking yet and I said "Well, we can't all be Myles the wonder baby." Next day I get a post on fb from my sister saying "yes. He is quite the wonder baby. If you get some flash cards maybe your DS will start talking better." lol.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 3:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2011