I finally left my abusive boyfriend, but with twins on the way I dont know how to cope. How did you ladies do it?

MommyCaution

Asked by MommyCaution at 3:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• busy momhugssurround yourself with family and FRIENDS....

MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I agree with the MOMMY2TWINBOYS4.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have never experienced anything like that however i know some close to me that have it becomes a point where it will be hard to cope but the ppl that come first is the children and then you so do everything possible to make sure all three of you are safe seek oiut domestic violence groups and yes def. surround yourself with family and friends
    MJ42011

Answer by MJ42011 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My son's father wasn't physically abusive as much as the emotional and I think it was the best day when we found out I was pregnant and he kicked me out. I was able to focus on me again and loving me. I had lost myself during those 4 years I didn't know what to think about anything on my own and when i was finally able to take a step back i saw this guy for what he was worth. it's takes time and talking about it and letting the tears out when they need to come out but right now the most important thing is to love yourself so you can love your babies. good luck!
    thehaneyrock

Answer by thehaneyrock at 4:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I agree with the first answer...thats what you have to do when your depressed or sad.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Definitely what MOMMy2TWINBOYS54 said- you have to have a good support system in place. Friends, family, a good daycare center or sitter. If you have to, check out the shelters in your area- they can help get you on your feet and find a job if you don't already have one.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I agree, support system and maintaing activity (like going to the mall) are important.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I just left mine to about three months ago.. It has not been easy, but I am thankful and blessed that I was able to get out before something happened to me or I miscarried because of him. Unlike what the other moms have said, I don't have a solid support system, but I am doing well only because my faith is so strong. There is no better place to find comfort and support than in a good church full of loving people. Get into a bible study for women, and surround yourself with spiritual support. I wouldn't be here today, if I didn't have my faith.
    Jesusis4always

Answer by Jesusis4always at 9:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Thanks alot ladies...and to my surprise he looks like he's coming around and asking for forgiveness, but I dont know.
    MommyCaution

Comment by MommyCaution (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It's not easy, I was left with 2 kids and one on the way, but you can make it. Look for support anywhere you can find it, family, friends, church, local agencies, anything that can help. Don't be too proud to ask for help. Good luck.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 5:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2011