When did you purchase your first vehicle?

Did you buy it out? or lease it and at what age?

ExtremlyUnique

Asked by ExtremlyUnique at 3:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• I got my first brand new car the day I turned 16 yrs old. It was in my moms name though. I got my second new car in my name when I was 22 yrs old. I financed it through Ford Motor way back when.

Answer by gemgem at 3:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I got my license two years ago and my DH already owned a our car.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I bought an engine for an old beater pickup truck my dad had when I was 17. I bought my first real car at 18, it was a Jeep Cherokee pickup truck and I LOVED it. Some moron crashed into me just two weeks after I bought it, so I had to go out and buy different truck. I didn't like it as well, but it was MINE!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I got my first car bought by only me in 1970, brand new off the dealership Fiat, sporty little thing in bright neon yellow, back then ac was a luxury and it didn't come standard, and I paid 2,000.00, how times have changed........

Answer by older at 3:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My truck was bought by my Husband before We were even Married. I have never purchased a vehicle with money I made. I do co-own both my and my Husband's trucks, though..but I always have, even before my name went on the titles, since everything is Ours.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Bought my first car when I turned 18. It was brand new; paid cash for it with the money I earned from saving and working.
    Anonymous

• 19 years old. I bought it used. It was mine though. My parents bought my first car at 16 and I drove that for 3 years. At 26 years old, I officially bought my first new car with my husband.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My first car was my sweet sixteen birthday present. I kept it until I was 19 or 20. I sold it and bought a newer camaro. I saved from the time I started working until I bought my car. I searched six months for it. I only had to finance half of the purchase price. I had that car two years before somebody stole it from me UGH.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Bought my first car when I was 19 in cash.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 7:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011