My four year old says "I can't wipe my butt"

All she does is cry and cry when i make her to it herself.

She says she cant reach. I try to show her how and she says she can't do it.

She is going to Kindegarten in the Fall, She has to learn... what did you guys do to get them to learn to wipe their butts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell her front to front and back to back. She has to try and then you will check.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• That's what I do, and she trys and "can't reach" I dont know if she just being lazy and not wanting too do it.

But I keep trying.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• You just keep trying but idk if itll ease your mind the teachers and teacher assistants are used to helping them in Kinder. My dd is in kinder and sometimes has trouble (mostly if she has a tummy ache). She was sick not too long back because of antibiotics and they changed her clothes and helped her. So you will have that, but just keep trying. By the time she does go to school she will want to because all the other kids will do it.

Answer by gemgem at 3:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I work in a school and the school I work at will not help with any toileting (no matter what grade) unless the child has an IEP that includes it. She just needs to keep practicing. The most we will do in school is help with snapping/buttoning pants. (even I think some pants are hard)
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think she just wants you to do it. But you should help her. but you should also teach her that she needs to do it herself. because if there is ever a time when someone else is watching her, you dont want them heling her wipe her after the use of the potty.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2011