LAST NIGHT I HAD REALLY BAD HEART BURN I AM 20 WEEKS AND I TOOK PEPTO BISMO CAN IT AFFECT MY BABY AT ALL IN A BAD WAY .??

charlene599

Asked by charlene599 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I honestly dont think that it will affect the baby.I would make sure with the doctor tho. The doctor always would tell me to use TUMS for heartburn.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I HAVE USED PEPTO ITS FINE. REALLY ANY MEDICINE THAT RELIEVES YOUR DISCOMFORT THAT ISNT NARCOTIC, IS BASICALLY FINE.
    TUMS IS REALLY GOOD BECAUSE IT HAS CALCIUM IN IT. SOME PEOPLE TAKE IT DAILY AS A CALCIUM SUPPLEMENT.
    HEARTBURN WILLL ONLY GET WORSE AND MORE FREQUENT FURTHER ALONG INTO YOUR PREGNANCY. HAVE PLENTY 7UP ON HAND.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Dont take pepto, it has asprin in it. I don't think any thing will happen from taking it once. Take rolaids or tums. Thats what I did.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• it is not good to take while pregnant I dont think using it once would do any harm just dont take it again. My dr said it was on the worst list of meds to take while pregnant you should drink milk and take tums. just tell your dr you took some on your next appointment. I found the best thing to help with heart burn was peppermint tea.
    Anita
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Milk is the only thing that gets rid of my heartburn. If your worried about using meds, try drinking a big glass of milk, or call your doc to see what they suggest.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Ooh do not take pepto while pregnant its one of those things you need to stay away from im sure taking it once isnt going to hurt but stay away from taking it again. Try to not lay down after eatng right away and take tums and drink some cold milk. its only going to get worse so good luck.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Do NOT take pepto, that is a big no no, your OB will tell you to take tums. Call your OB to get a list of what is OK!

Anonymous

• THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR ANSWERS ILL CALL NOW AND MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM
    charlene599

Answer by charlene599 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Pepto and tums are fine. Just so you know- chocolate, caffiene and sugar can be huge triggors of heartburn (as well as over-eating especailly after 30 weeks) so keep your dinners small and simple and try sleeping propped up like a recliner.
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• your only suppost to use tums!
    prettyNpink0769

Answer by prettyNpink0769 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2008