I just texted my DH that I appreciate and love him etc. I would have been touched!

All he sent back was a heart. No gushy words. Do you think I expected too much by maybe wanting him to say something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• sounds like a man response to me... lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Sounds like a man, lol. At least he responded.

My husband would have said thank or lol.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 3:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I don't know what kind of phone he has but I'm sure it wasn't easy to make a heart on his phone. Anyway, maybe he was busy and that was the quickest way he could respond.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• that's just men for ya. it's like pulling teeth. the sensitive appreciative ones are few and far between
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 3:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• my husband is a one-word responder most of the time too. just this morning we were chatting on facebook while he was at work and i said "love you!" and he replied "luv U" and i thought to myself, gee, not even good enough for him to spell out LOVE damnit! lol but they dont mean anything by it. in the beginning he always spelled everything out.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think if you said it and expected to hear something back, you said it for the wrong reasons.  You said what you had to say, and he said what he had to say.  No reason to be upset because he didn't respond the "right" way.  My hub would have said "thankyou".  That's it, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think you may have.... men dont think liek we do!
    while we are more giving and say I love you and go out of our way to express it... they appriciate it but they do not show it in ways we hope for.. they show it in other ways...
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My husband may not have responded, at all . . . .I would LOVE a heart.

Please feel good about it!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Maybe you did touch him and he just didn't want to sound like his words were forced- so a heart is better than a smiley.

At least you didn't get a "What did you do?"
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• mine would probably have said "are you drunk" lol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011