At a loss, I can't potty train my 3.5 year old son!

Bribery isn't working, cool Super Hero undie isn't working, discipline doesn't work either. He is completely ready but he will only use the toiler on his terms.

What do I do? I really don't have any other methods or ideas!

SnapdragonSMT

Asked by SnapdragonSMT at 3:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well I have to say that I don't think discipline is ever the answer when it comes to potty training. My kids were potty trained before 2 and I personally think the longer you wait the harder it will be. At that age they are old enough to talk and if he understands the urge to go and is just giving you a hard time...for starters I would say he needs to be in underwear. If he pees himself due to choosing not to go on the potty then explain that is his choice and I would let him spend some time in wet undies. I would make a big deal about it when he goes on the potty but would not bribe him to do it. No one likes wet undies and in time he won't either :)
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• He was almost trained before his second birthday. I don't know what happened.
    SnapdragonSMT

Comment by SnapdragonSMT (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• keep consistent and remind every half hour if needed to go potty
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2011