How much tv is watched in your household per day?

you, your SO, your kid/s?
what about video games or other technology?

juliness

Asked by juliness at 3:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• My dh almost always has the TV n as background noise. He doesnt watch much tv though, maybe an hour a day? I watch at night after the kids are in their rooms. I might get in an hour before I fall asleep. My 6 yr old watches an hour when she gets home (UNC TV-basically PBS). My 17 yr old doesnt watch TV, maybe some days 30 min?
    We all have our own computers and use it more then TV. My 17 yr old is on his Ipod, Cell phone and computer more then anything. I spend more time on my computer then watching TV. So does DH.

Answer by gemgem at 3:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The TV or radio is always on, but rally wacthed about an 1 or 2.
    comptuer is 24/7, it goes with his job. I'm on it in between cleaning, playin and nap and after kids in bed so not really sure just depends.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• well I will admit my son watches a little too much TV. But it's always Nickjr or Sprout and then I watch whatever supernanny episodes I have recorded on the weekends. Hubby doesn't care too much for TV. Just his Nascar races afterchurch on Sunday.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 3:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Schooldays - very little. The kids and I are all in school, doing homework, etc. Hubby and I like to watch at least one show together at night though, so about an hour or two.

On weekends all the TV's are on constantly if we're here. The kids play video games, hubby plays video games or watches TV. I usually play on the comp or read.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I watch the most TV by far. It's on most of the day, whether I'm paying much attention to it or not. I know, it's a terrible habit. My roommate and I watch TV together once he gets home, but usually only if one of "our shows" is on or there's a hockey game. Otherwise we turn it off and watch movies on the laptop.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Vey little, sometimes it is not on at all, all day . I listen to non-commercial radio much of the time when I am home . We have no video games or DVDs , but a lot of CD's
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i'm a total non-tv person. if i watch a show it's online where there's less commercials and so i can decide what i want to watch, not just what's on. but my husband is the total opposite. it drives me nuts. sports center is on at 8 am. and he has to watch certain shows and throws a hissy fit if the boys have earned a show and they're watching it at that time. bah. pretty much the entire time he is home, the tv is on and he's in front of it with a beer.
    juliness

Comment by juliness (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• 0 hours we don't have a TV in our home.
    FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 5:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The tv is on as pretty much back ground noise all day (I work at home so I use it b/c I cannot stand complete silence) the kids don't watch it much though
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Very little; probably an average of five hours a week.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011