What percentage of housework does your SO do?

do they believe no matter how much you do that it is the woman's job to do all housework or is there a more progressive sharing of chores going on in your household that coincides with how much the person works in general

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I am a SAHM so I do 95% of household chores. There are a couple hubs does. He does pitch without hesitation. He can see when I have everything going on at once and jumps right in.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 3:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• 5%.. that includes taking the trash out. and only taking the trash out.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My husband IS my partner fully - he probably ends up only doing an average of 30% but not for one minute do I feel unappreciated or that it is MY job.. we both work full time out of the house and we both do what we can..although I end up doing more, he always thanks me and tells me how great I take care of our family
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Being at home, I do almost all of it when he is at work- I also make sure my children do not leave messes (they're not his bio-kids). When he is home he cleans up after himself, and helps with whatever needs to obviously be done. No resentment or gender roles here.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• He doesn't believe it's a woman's job however becaause of his work it's manily myself that cleans the house. He does the trash and on weekends we do yardwork together. Also, I get more help on the weekends then during the week.

When we both worked we'd share doing everything but seeing that I'm home now I don't mind it.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Bleh he hardly does anything. I stay home so I just do most of it because I am home to do it. He will do laundry from time to time and every so often he will help out. I will say though he is good about doing things outside like yard work, car work and all that jazz.

Answer by gemgem at 3:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• he takes out the trash, and at least everyother month he will do some dishes lol...but he shovels the roof, plows the driveway. but i do everything when it comes to inside the house.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I work part time DH works full time but I still do 97% of the house work, bill paying, budget managing, cooking and planning. Dh helps when I ask him to but I always feel bad asking. I must say I am tried of doing it all... I can give DH this: He is an excellent father. He plays very well with the kids and loves to do things with them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• mine refuses to do any of it except cleaning up the dog poop and the cat box (technically not allowed to do the cat box since i'm still breastfeeding... i loooove that! haha). he always tells me i'm too lazy... but i work part time where the kids come with me, and am home the rest of the time with the kids and never get to "clock out". i love being with them, but whenever i ask for just a few chores to be his chores he tells me the house is my job.

if i had time i'd be fixing up the house too... he's not very handy..... or motivated
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I'd say we're about 50/50.... I do the vacuuming/laundry/general cleaning, he does all the cooking, washing dishes, taking out the garbage, and currently (because I'm 33 weeks pregnant and just can't handle the bending down anymore) cleaning the litterboxes twice a day, heh. I've always done all the bill paying, he's a total idiot when it comes to money, heh.

I spend more time with our 2 1/2 year old than he does, but we do switch off on giving baths and such.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2011