What nickname do you absolutely hate?

for some reason i've gone my whole life without getting nicknamed "jules" or "jewels" because i dunno, i just hate it and would say so if someone said it.

but when i met my husband he started calling me that despite my arguments, and now everyone calls me that! i hate it!!!! oh, and he also calls me "babe" which i cannot stand. no matter how many times i say "please don't call me that"

sigh

juliness

Asked by juliness at 3:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• when I was growing up they called boo bear. I hated it. it lasted about a month. I punch my older brother and that was what made it stop.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• In highschool my sister and dad would call me "Heartbreaker". I was a goody two shoes and just didn't put up for guy's crap and dumped each one I was with. I'm glad they stopped once I got married, lol. I also had a bf that called me "babe." That is soooo annoying!!!!
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 4:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Ana banana, I dealt with that for a while. Never kind that my name is not pronounced 'Anna', it's Ana......*sigh*

Funny story, in 5th grade (or so) a boy called me 'babe', I got so mad and was like "babe? I'm no freakin pig!" lmao! I was such a dork :D
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 4:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• *mind
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 4:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I never had a nick name I didnt like. My oldest dd I named her Kristen. If anyone was going to call her anything but Kristen I wanted it to be Kristy. Her dads sister went by Chrissy. My ex started calling our dd Krissy. I would tell him please dont no one likes it but you. She hated it too. Then her brothers started calling her Sissy or Krissy. She lives with it to this day and now has a baby girl whose almost 2 and guess what? Yep her uncles are her Sissy.

Answer by gemgem at 4:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• honey.
    I had a music teacher that would call me that every time he wanted to correct me on something. Never for a complement. So I cringe every time I hear it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• haha yeah that's why i hate "jules" i had a 5th grade teacher who would say "juuuules" and it kinda creeped me out
    juliness

Comment by juliness (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Shelly Belly....ugh!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My name is Monique and most people call me "Moe" (which I don't really like because it sounds like a boy) or MoMo (which is fine) but DH calls me Nique (pronounced NEEEEK) ARRRRGGGHH It's like the ugliest sound in the world!!!!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• ricky ticky... my name is Erica for gods sake! and its some old song or show or something... Thanks mom! lol
    thesouthernmom

Answer by thesouthernmom at 6:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011