In a pickle

My MIL and FIL is picking my son up in the morning to go to Mardi Gras, they won't be back until tomorrow night. They had this planned since the last year(they are very serious about Mardi Gras) Anyways, dumb me accepted an invitation for my son to go to a birthday party tomorrow. I just realized what I did when the host emailed me with a change of location. Now i don't know what I should do. I was thinking about just taking the gift over there my self and explaining to them that I forgot he was going with his grand parents. What is the proper way of handling this? The birthday boy will be 3yrs old. With me trying to finish my paper for school and taking care of home it totally slipped my mind. Thanks ladies!!!!!!!! Didn't know where to put this question so I just put it here.

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would just let the mother of the birthday boy know you forgot about your year-long plans. I'm sure she'll understand. If you already have the gift and feel like you have the time and the desire to run it over there, by all means do it. But I wouldn't go buy a gifft out of guilt. It happens. :)
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 4:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would just call and explain it and see if you can get the kids together when DS get home so your son can give the B-day boy his gift.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Do not wait until tomorrow. Notify the other mother immediately. Take the gift over make a playdate and say you are TOOTOOBUSY and very sorry.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Call the mother and explain and make a play date. Give the present then.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Just give the mom a call and explain that you double booked. I'm sure she'll understand.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 8:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2011