Really? Thinner potatoes heads will help combat childhood obesity?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/02/26/slimmer-spud-mr-potato-head-sheds-some-pounds/

What do you think? lol. I think it's a bit of a joke. Potatoes heads are supposed to be round!

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Boo! Not a fan of the thinner, "improved" Mr. Potato Head. I don't think kids look to MPH for a role model for body shape.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I wish they'd leave toys alone!!! It seems like every time I'm in the toy aisle they're freakin changing one toy or another. Strawberry shortcake, littlest petshops, barbie, my little pony, mr potato head, baby alive what's next?!? They all have these weird alien-like eyes now and weird shaped bodies. =P
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I really hope this is not what they mean by changing Mr. Potatoe head LOL...

If so, How???
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• HAHAHAHA that sounds like a pretend reason to cut down on their production costs to me
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 4:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Ugh. Yet another one of the toys of my youth is being messed with. I hate it. It makes me want to scream. While I agree that teaching my 4 year old to eat healthy is a great idea, and I strive to do this every day, I feel like slimming the toys down is teaching the wrong message about body image. And I'm certainly not for teaching my 4 year old that anything but thin is not ok. I will never be society's idea of thin. I'm 5'11" and large framed. I'm striving to teach her good diet choices, and that exercise is good. But also that she need not give into society's idea that you need to be super skinny. That as long as she's a healthy weight for her frame and height, there's nothing wrong with a size 14. All of these toys that are being made skinnier kind of defeat my purpose, in my opinion. I'm also just aggravated that they've drastically changed to looks of a lot of toys from my youth, lol.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• First Barbie got attacked for lowering girls self esteem and now they are making thinner potato heads...explain please?
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011