Son's stupid high school ... ugh!

When we step in, we get lectured about how we need to let him fend for himself. When we step back, we get lectured about how we're not stepping in.

I'm not even talking serious issues here ... he's been trying to get a form signed and keeps getting the runaround. Trust me, he's more than capable of having that done. He complained to his counselor (he needs the department chair signature) after being blown off 3 times in less than a week by this guy; counselor calls me to tell me to step up. What she didn't know is that I already placed a phone call to the head chair after DS wasn't getting anywhere. When counselor got word of that, then she felt she had to lecture me on interfering and how I should let DS fend for himself. Regardless, the damn thing is still not signed; we keep getting the runaround! Thank goodness he's graduating and will be out of there shortly!

What a bunch of bozos!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I sure hope your boy's not planning on going to college. The run-around is worse there, and most of the time, Mom or Dad can't do a thing. The student is required to do it all, and it's what I call the Royal Run-around! Good luck!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• LOL sounds like my sons high school. His gf goes to another HS and we have to have this packet for her parents to fill out before theyll allow her to come to prom. Well my son went in the early morning and was told he had to wait until lunch. He went at lunch and was told to do it after school. He works after school. They told him come early before school again. After 3 days of this I went in and said I need the paperwork. I got told no my son had to get it and I should make him do it. Again, same thing the next day. I finally went in to the principle and said what a bunch of clowns they had running this prom situation lol. I got the paperwork thankfully. One more day and we would have had to pay MORE for the ticket.

Answer by gemgem at 4:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• what's the form about? I had this problem in high school and it turned out that whoever was supposed to sign it just didn't want to.
    Didn't approve of the certain program I wanted to get into, blah blah blah.

sounds like they are trying to get out of signing it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I hear you. I'll be so glad when HS is done.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Once my sons started high school we didn't interefere. if they needed to talkj to a teacher, a counselor or a coach they did it, all by themselves. They needed to learn that early on and I know it helped the 2 who went on to college and the 3 who joined the military. They aren't afraid to speak up when they need to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• make an appointment for you and your son to talk to the principal, tell him/her everything you just said there!!! The kid is a minor and you most certainly should be involved if the CHILD feels they need your help. (Oh, and I work in a High School)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2011