Damp weather and headaches?

I have been having headaches lately, and my mother SWEARS it is the damp weather. This is also what she used to blame my sister's seizures on when she was small (epilepsy); she would say she could almost guarantee seizures when it was damp out.

It has been raining all day long, plus freezing rain and melting snow all week, and I have had a headache of some variety for the last several days.

Have you noticed anything like this? Do you think there is any truth to it or just that my mother is convinced of something that happens to be true occasionally? Lol!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Health

• I love that you brought this up. I get migraines every time the weather becomes more humid before the rain. It is a long-standing joke that my migraines are precipitation indicators.

But, when I bring this up with my docs, they always look at me like I am some sort of crazy fool. :(

Nanny, you mentioned something about the sinus . . . that is really interesting . . . I wonder if a sinus med would help prevent them?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Damp weather does affect the sinus cavity. So if you have trouble with sinusitis, the headaches could very likely be connected.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Everyone I know who uses the Neti Pots LOVES them. I will have to try it sometime!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Occasinally I do get headaches with the change in atmosphere. A friend of mine gets real bad migraines before stroms to the point she can't even work.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I always get a headache when we have thunderstorms or any other sudden change in barometric pressure.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2011