Has your SO always been this way?

I know I am lucky NOW but when me and my DH first met we both had room and things that needed to be changed.. so it makes me think when I see other Cm's that are upset because their DH doesn't clean or isn't respectful of them or doesn't help with anything at all ... did they really change THAT much since you've met them or are you just upset after years of dealing with it ?
My DH used to be jealous and somewhat controlling and had a temper, now, I couldn't make a better man but its take US both 14 years to get to this point, however, that said, I would have never had a child with him before we worked through everything we did first.. I know accidents or unplanned pregnancies happen but for the rest of the Mom's.. has your man changed for the good bad or not at all since you've been with them?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband and I have been married for 25 years now.

I feel more than safe in saying: We have both changed (big changes and little ones) over the years. Neither of us are really the same person we were 25 years ago. I feel that we are both not only a better husband/wife than we were 25 years ago, I have to say that we are both also better people in general.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Mine has changed in some ways. I think its maturity more then anything though. When we met he was much lazier and didnt want to do much as a husband. He didnt like taking out the trash, mowing lawns, or really going anywhere with the kids and me either. He also didnt want to have to work lol, that didnt last long. Now he works and is a great provider, he attends all the after school things he can as long as he isnt working, and he voluntarily will take out the trash without being asked 100 times, will mow the lawn on his own and all that. He says I have made him domesticated LOL. Maybe I have.

Answer by gemgem at 4:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Worse!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• My dh has changed for the better :) thank goodness
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• being on the frontlines in a warzone for 15 months changed him. i really cant complain, i know the man i fell in love with is in there somewhere and i have seen him more & more now that he began his PTSD treatment.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have always wondered about this as well

I haven't really been with my man for enough years to judge if he will change or not. He hasn't thus far and I hope he doesn't so all I can really offer is a bump :)
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 4:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My husband is a much better man today than he was when we married, and what is even better news, is that he still wants to be a better husband than he is now. He's always been a great dad. It seemed that part came more naturally to him that being the kind of husband I needed him to be.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• he's pretty much the same, but when it comes to a lot of things we've both grown up a lot.
    I'd say he's better.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I got fed up with the years of dealing with it.  My hub did also.  Lots of drama and turmoil for a long period period of time.  Luckily we BOTH changed and it worked. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• my husband helps out a lot around the house but what i didn't know about him that i wish i knew before i married him is that he isn't assertive enough and he lets other people take advantage of him. i shuldn't of married him so soon. even still if i waited there is else something else you learn about someone you never knew until you married or lived with them and i'm not the living before you marry type.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011