Strangest animal?

What is the strangest animal you, or someone you know, has ever kept as a pet?

One of my aunts lives on a farm and likes to "rescue" animals who have been hurt somehow. She ended up with the meanest goose alive, and she LOVES that little @$$h0!e! She keeps him in the fenced in part of her front yard and he attacks everyone that comes through the gate...including her!

A friend of mine keeps all sorts of imported "creepy crawlies" like hissing cockroaches and gigantic millipedes...YUCK!

I'll stick with my cat!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Pets

• I know of someone that has kept scorpions. That is hilarious about the goose! Just like you I'll stick with my two cats :)
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I know someone who had a possum, skunk, and raccoon.

tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• LOL! I'm with you on this one! My boys' father had a turantula when we were dating. Yuck! I once dated a guy who had an albino python. Liked to hang out under his fridge. Needless to say, he had to get my refills! (the guy not the snake-lol)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Hmmm... I've known people who kept lots of reptiles. One of my neighbours at the cottage had a pet raccoon- they rescued him as a baby when they saw him at the side of the road beside his mom who had been hit by a car.:( The most uncommon pet I've had is my hedgehogs- I had three over the course of about 12 years, Hawthorne, Bramble, and Thistle.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• We had 2 pet tarantulas when I was a kid. Hasbro and Leroy. They were pretty cool.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have a Ball Python pet snake.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 7:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The "strangest" I've had are rats, but it's not that strange to me. lol I'd LOVE to have a pet skunk! Did you know they come in many color patterns; not just black/white? I think they are soooo cute! lol
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• we had a peacock hang out for a few weeks in my parents backyard...they also had a possume for awhile to ansd we were always finding snake...the funnest was when my dad somehow managed to get a gopher in a coffee can....it kept jumping up trying to get th lid off lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I knew a friend who had a tiger for awhile but had to send it to the zoo
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 1:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• OMG! I forgot about the skunks. One of my father's friends keeps two of them. I guess you can have their stink sacks (I'm sure there is a more technical name for them lol) removed and they act like a cat...not for me though!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011