Is your cat/dog/bunny neutered/spayed?

Benefits of Spaying

•Prevents pregnancy and the complications arising from pregnancy and delivery

•Eliminates the heat cycle - you won't have to listen to the sounds of your female in heat, trying to get out and find a mate

•Prevents unwelcome males from trying to seek out your female pet in heat

•Reduces the urge to roam. This makes it less likely that you will lose your pet, which in turn makes your pet less likely to contract a disease, get in a fight, get injured, or become a victim to cruelty, poison, or traffic.

•Eliminates sexual discomfort, distress, or distraction ... making your pet happier and more content.

•Reduces or eliminates the possibility of disease in the reproductive system. 

Benefits of Neutering

•Reduces the distracting and destructive behavior associated with the male's efforts to get out and find a mate

•Eliminates testicular tumors and reduces prostate gland problems.

•In cats, neutering stops or reduces marking behavior (territorial spraying of urine).

•Reduces the urge to fight.

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 4:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Pets

• all pets in our house are altered. Except the frog... I don't think he/she counts. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• "Reduces the urge to roam."

That one never worked for my cats. They still roamed.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have two male cats. One is and the other is not. The one was already fixed when we adopted him.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have 2 indoor dogs and neither is spayed. They are always on a leash with me when they go outside. They dont try to roam either. They are both up in age so that is probably why. One was rescued by my dds sister in law and then she gave her to me. She was already 7 yrs old when we got her. She is 10 now. Mostly sleeps. My 6 yr old has never gone into heat. My husband says God made her and said that was enough of that model.

Answer by gemgem at 4:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• my cat is neutered, he still roams but he knows where his food is so im not worried.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Our dogs were always spayed/neutered. Right now we only have two guinea pigs- neither are spayed (vets typically don't spay guinea pigs unless there's a reason to do so since they are little and it's pretty major surgery for them.) However they are both girls so there won't be any baby guinea pigs in our future!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes Ma'am! I rescued my little one-eyed cockerspaniel from a shelter in Kentucky! He's been fixed.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• my dog is spayed and we are working on getting the one cat spayed and her kitten neutered. she was abandoned at our house because she was pregnant. the other two kittens are feral and we are trying to work with them to not only get them used to human contact but be fixed. one we don't even know if it is a boy or girl. then we are also trying to find them good homes. my moms cats were all abandoned to. but they were fixed. we think someone just could not take care of them. but the problem is we cannot take in anymore
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My three cats are neutered. Two are brothers that we adopted from a shelter, the third we inherited when we moved into our new place a few months ago. They're all indoor cats and the brothers pick on the third all the time.

Shade

Shadow

Sylvrr

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Both my cats are fixed. Having a cat in heat is one of the most annoying things on the face of this planet!
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2011