Do you buy?

marked down produce? I love too, it is so much cheaper.. and I cut it up the same day and freeze it. Most of the things I get look like they could still be on the shelfs. The store I shop at only keeps each thing 3 days then stocks new. SCORE!! for me.
do you buy marked down produce, if so do you chop and freeze?

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes I put in the freezer as soon as I get home. I also live in an old farm house, but I got lucky and married an carpenter He built a back room that we turned into a laundry and pantry room..

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Thats a fantastic idea. The store I shop does not do reduced produce. I need to change stores?
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• no. I never see marked down produce but that's a good idea. I'll have to look more carefully to see if I can get some!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No, the only produce they seem to mark down at mine is the bananas. They have three chefs that prepare meals and a huge salad bar that they stock with cut up fruits and vegetables. Maybe that is where they use theirs. I use to buy the marked down meat, but now we only eat meat two or three times a month.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Stop and Shop is the only store I find them.
    Price chopper and big y don't.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• they offer great markdowns, I just got 3 large red peppers for $1.56, they sell for $2.99lb. :) brocoli (sp) for 99cents
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• doesn't take up much storage. we use the ziploc freezer pump bags, love them!
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yep.  My supermarket marks down produce and bread by 50% and meat by 30% plus I get a further 10% off because I'm an employee.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If you have no storage then any amount is too much storage. Our house is an old farm house. I love it, but we hardly even have counter space.

Answer by gemgem at 5:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• god i miss fruit all the stuff here is bad when you buy it even freshly stocked... blah
    thesouthernmom

Answer by thesouthernmom at 6:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2011