To those who are okay with the idea of abortions... adult content

How do you feel when you see the pictures of the tiny fetuses that have been destroyed? I am not trying to start a fight I just can't fathom being 'okay' with the idea. Especially when I come across photos of the tiny bodies. I breaks my heart. I don't want a fight or anyone to try and change anyone stance(though I understand this is a debate section, the debate is over done on this subject) I just want to understand hoe it doesn't hurt you to see the pictures? Is it a detachment for you or is it that you don't see them as people yet... What is the process for you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• You're not trying to start a fight with a question like this? Hmmm.... Okay, first off, the images used by the anti-choice movement are those of late term abortions. Those are by far the minority of cases, and are usually done because of a health threat to the mother, or something wrong with the fetus, not because somebody "didn't feel like having a baby anymore". Furthermore, it's not even an issue of being okay with the idea of abortions, I'm sure everybody would LOVE a world where there is never a need for abortions. That's just not reality. I for one wouldn't have an abortion myself, but I don't feel I have the right to decide for other women. That's all.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Since most of those fetuses are from miscarriages or stillbirths, and from much later in pregnancy than they are claimed to be... I don't feel anything when I see them.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I'm just glad we have a choice!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I've never seen a tiny "destroyed" fetus. I have taken care of many fetuses over the 32 years working as an Nicu nurse.. I fully support the current law of leaving the decision up to the mother, as to what  to do with her body. Currently, based on science and research, a fetus is considered independently non-viable up to the age of 23 weeks post conception, as it relies on its mother for existence. The only choice I can make is for me-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I am NOT pro-abortion, I am pro-CHOICE. There's a HUGE HUGE difference.
    Anonymous

• Why would you go looking for a picture like that? I am in favor of a woman's right to choose abortions in rare cases- health of the woman/child and rape- should I google you some pictures of rape and funerals of women in an effort to see if it changes YOUR mind?

As far as being Pro-Choice- since I believe there instances where the choice should be an option I simply can not say I am Pro-Life- I can not validate one choice over another based on what I think is most valid.

soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 5:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• no one likes the idea of abortion even if they are going to have one.
    there are many reason as to why someone has one, and breaking their heart with graphic pictures isn't going to change the situation.
    A person has one because they feel it's the right decision or there are many reasons. Showing them a horrible picture won't change that.
    So yes, if I had made the decision to have a abortion then saw a picture of the fetus it would not stop me. SInce seeing the picture wouldn't change my reasons. it's not something you decide to do based on what your mood is for that day.
    Anonymous

• I am sure there is not one woman in the world who would state that she loves abortions. It is not a choice anyone loves to make . . . I am pro-choice, not pro-abortion.

Really, to make such a claim is just untrue . . . that pro-choicers are cold-hearted.

Unwanted preganacy is really hard and there are no perfect answers.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It honestly doesn't bother me. I can look at adult gore too, bodies smashed by tanks and head blows up etc and it just plain doesn't bother me.
    But even if it did bother me I don't think that would change my opinion if I felt I needed an abortion for whatever reason.. I think bigger things go into that decision than how a bunch of cut up flesh looks.
    Jyuukai

Answer by Jyuukai at 5:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Actually, as a mom who had a natural m/c at home in the bathroom, when I see those pics on protest signs what I feel is LIVID! I once drove past a group of protestors carrying signs like that and it was like being sucker punched in the gut... it threw me right into a flashback of a very traumatic experience, while I was in the process of driving one of my kids down a busy street. It's cruel and disrespectful to put blood and gore pics out in public where small kids and moms like me who wish we didn't know what a dead fetus looks like can see them out of the blue. I'm a vegetarian and feel strongly about animal rights, but I'm not going to show your kids a picture of the inside of a slaughterhouse- I wish those protestors would give me and my kids the same respect.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2011