Holy nausea batman

I am 7 weeks pregnant with my 4 th child and for the first time in my pregnancy history I have been experiencing severe nausea. This started roughly at the beginning of the week and has been getting progressively worse as the week has gone on...now it's absolutely terrible and of course my doctors are one for weekend. I see my OB first thing Monday morning for my first appt so I intend on bringing it up then but I'm wondering (and hoping!) that some of you may have suggestions on things to do so I can eat. I haven't taken my vitamins in a week and I'm starting to get slightly nervous. Any suggestions would be appreciated! (ps-I already tried the Ginger ale n crackers route)

ljliammama

Asked by ljliammama at 5:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would just try straight ginger. That helped me quite a bit. And anything with ginger in it. Also they have these Preggie Pops, and preggie pop drops. You can get them at places like Babies R Us and even Walgreens/CVS.. places like that. Hope that you start to feel better soon!
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• a midwife told me to eat straight up no milk/ no nothing Honey Nut cheerios. It helped me. HUGS to you, I hope you feel better soon!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I was so sick also for the first 3-4 months. I would throw up several times aday. Lemon heads really helped me, and ice. You could try drinking anything sour ( it helped me)
    Hope you feel better soon!
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I stayed sick the entire 9 months...i ended up on a med to help.before the med i was in the hospital once a week for fluids by IV...i discovered that anything sour worked well...long enough for me to actually eat food. i heard from someone that pepermint worked for them. im very jealous though...4 kids and this is the first time you got morning sickness...i hope this helps...i'll be praying for ya mama...i know how much it takes out of you to feel this way!
    LadyOsgood

Answer by LadyOsgood at 8:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I was also going to suggest Preggie Pops, they helped me. Or Green Tea, that helped me a lot also.
    Dry cereal. Sprite & taking Prenatals at night also helped me keep my vitamins down. Hope you feel better!!!
    Ellie19

Answer by Ellie19 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Ginger and citrus, and peppermint are great.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Ginger is one of the most well known remedies, ginger ale can help but it's very diluted and sugary so I can see how that may not help. I'd try some crystalized ginger to suck on. Peppermint can help, my midwife suggested keeping peppermint essential oil on hand, you put a little bit on a handkerchief and take a sniff when you're feeling nauseated.

I hope you feel better soon!
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 3:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i was sick for 2 wks and couldn't eat anything cuz i was just coming back up my best friends mom bought me some hashbrowns from bill millers (texas fast food place) and i was able to eat it and i kinda just went up hill from there when ever i felt sick i had peppermints on hand to help. i never tried the ginger ale but i did the sprite route it really helped, hope things get better for you i know it suxs being sick all the time
    dory_girl88

Answer by dory_girl88 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Definitely Preggie pops and Preggie pop drops!! So yummy, and always helped my nausea at night time!
    Jesusis4always

Answer by Jesusis4always at 10:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2011