Cooking corned beef in a slow cooker?

I wanted to try this ... I didn't know if anyone else had tired this and what was the result? I just don't want a tough brisket!

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yes I have done it and its always come out well. They key though is to give atleast 12 hours for it to cook so it wont be tough. I got a new slow cooker its digital and with that one I have to add even more time. I usually chop up carrots, onion, cabbage, red potatoes, & you can use one can of beer or some red wine. I prefer red wine and I put it all together and let it cook for like I said 12 hours.

Answer by gemgem at 5:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• my mom cooks it on low with cabbage and potoes all day.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I do it all the time. Put it in early in the morning. Cook it all day on high. By dinner it will be tender.

Answer by louise2 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Thanks gem, I think that was my problem with my brisket last time around, didnt cook it long enough
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2011