What would you do? If you saw an elementary school teacher you knew holding this sign at a protest? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Id think they were foul mouthed low rent people. I would not have much respect for them.

Answer by gemgem at 5:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Everyone is entitled to their opinions... even teachers!! They are trying to fight for the very little pay they get... more power to them!! So I guess I'd have to say.... I would beep and wave ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Who knows if its a teacher holding it-teachers are not the only ones in this protest-but if it were I would think- wow, she/he is upset about this issue-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 5:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• As long as he keeps it out of the classroom and is an effective teacher while he's in class - I could care less what he does in his off time...including protesting; or going on vacation and having a few (or more) beers etc...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Considering what Scott Walker is trying to do, I'd honk and wave and offer my support...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Why would I care? If the Westboro Baptist Church has the right to freedom of speech then so does everyone else!
    Anonymous

• Honestly teacher or not there is a better way to say things and that isnt one of them.
    I believe that we need to be the same on or off work where ever we go... not two different people and what would a child think if they saw their teacher doing that?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would not like it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It's a freedom of expression dilemma. A parent would be within their rights to snap a photo and send it with a complaint to the school board.

But honestly, I've never met a teacher who needs a four letter word to insult a politician they don't like. Not when there's a dictionary full of other words to be used.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Freedom of speech/press. I agree with pp. As long as it isn't in the classroom.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2011