Does your toddler smell weird? adult content

She takes baths / showers everyday! Without fail. We use the flavored bath soap and shower gels. But even right after, she has a smell to her. It could be her body odor, but she is only 3. I noticed that some kids smell funny also. Im always nervous when someone picks her up that they might be thinking I dont give her baths and I do.
What kinds of soaps should I use to combat this smell. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yeast issue perhaps? Is she chubby?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Whenever my kids didnt feel well they always smelled different to me, But if this is ongoing I have no idea. maybe bring it up with your dr
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No, definitely not yeast. She is very active and far from chubby. Just your regular 3 yr old
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• That might be it. She has a constant congestion in her nose (and maybe asthma)...too soon to tell.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My daughter daughter will sometimes smell "down below", but this is typically a result of poor wiping, so I have started leaving baby wipes in the bathrooms...tp first, then wipes.

If it is all over her body and right after the bath, I don't know. Are you making sure she gets dry enough? My oldest daughter's hair is very thick and if I don't try to help her dry it with either a blow dryer or towel really well and air dry, then it will get a funky smell to it too.

Just some thoughts. Hope you get to the bottom of it!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The only smell my Son gets sometimes is when He sweats at night. Otherwise, He is a super clean-smelling Kiddo!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It is either from what food she eats or she has a sinus infection. Sinus infections give them really bad breath. Take a flashlight & look up her nose, if it is red & swollen in her sinuses, take her to the Doctor. I would also mention the odor to them as well.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• take her to the doctor and see what they have to say
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2011