What's the biggest lie you've told your kids about imaginary creatures (Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny)?

When my oldest son, who is now 26 lost his 1st tooth, he of course put it under his pillow, waiting for the tooth fairy to visit him. Well, I thought he was asleep, so I snuck into his room, and when I raised his pillow,he stirred and opened his eyes. He and I looked at one another,but didn't say anything,and he went back to sleep. Next morning, he says "mom, the tooth fairy looks just like you." I told him "well,she does that, so if you wake up and see her, you don't get scared." He bought it, and it was years later, before I told him. Kept it fun for the kids as long as possible. Now I get to with the grandbabies!

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• lol those are all to cute!!! my ds is 3 so no tooth fairy yet, but we do santa and this year he'll have an easter basket from the bunny lol omg i remember being 8 or 9ish and i wrote out a whole bunch of questions for the "easter bunny" to answer.....i woke up and it was all in my mom's handwriting... i asked her why and she said that the easter bunny couldnt write!!! so i had an illiterate bunny bringing me stuff!!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• too cute. I forgot once to grab the tooth and leave the money. I had a very upset child in the am who found their tooth still under their pillow. I had seen one of those tooth fairy pillows in the store recently and told dd that was the reason the tooth fairy didnt come and we needed to go out and buy one of those pillows! lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I'm not sure about the tooth fairy yet...but I work at Build-A-Bear Workshop and around Christmas we turn it into "Santa's Workshop." So all through the holidays I told my son I was going in to work with Santa and if he didn't behave, I'd have tell Santa.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 5:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• metalhealthmom, we got my granddaughter a build a bear when she was 6 weeks old. She had to have emergency surgery in Houston,so when we took her back for her re-check we got her one at the mall. She still has it, since I called her my sunshine, she named her bear Sunshine. Those are such neat stores.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I'm 15 yrs older than my siblings and somehow it became my duty to be the tooth fairy...one time they just put the tooth under their pillow and my mom forgot to tell me I was on duty...so the next morning when no money was there I told the kids that I have to call the tooth fairy on her cell phone so they have to make sure to always tell me when a tooth falls out lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2011