Did your kid ever do anything that made you think "how is this kid gonna survive?"

When my youngest son, who is now 17 was about 18 months old, he got ahold of a key. We had those little plastic plug covers, but he managed to pry one off. He stuck the key in the light socket, and it blew him back against the other wall! He got up, shook himself off,and tried to do it again, when we caught him! Stuns me that he made it to 17. LOL.

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh yeah, mine will do the running around in circles thing, and then say "I FALL!" and just drop down, without trying to catch himself on his hands, kind of like Lucky's brother. I'm telling you, it HAS to be a boy thing...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• my ds does something alost every day....he attempted to drink some lighterfluid that one of our neighbors left out on the portch (we live in an upstairs apartment). he was fine but still...he also likes to do the bucket thing but again... on the 2nd floor portch lol he's fallen down stairs, almost broke his nose with an actual corner of a coffee table going up one side of his nose...he's 3 years old...cant wait to see him try sports LOL!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My 2 1/2 year old occasionally will put a bucket over his head and just randomly start running, usually ending up with him banging his head into a wall... For the life of me I can't figure out why he would do that! Even though, I start laughing every time, he looks so ridiculous doing it, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It's amazing isn't it? And, you wonder, how on earth will this kid survive, but they are so much tougher than we think. That cracked me up to read about your son.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I wonder if it's a boy thing... I never really hear about girls doing stupid stuff like that!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I've never had this issue with my daughter thank God lol...but my little brother used to fall on purpose off the top of the bunk bed without putting his hands out to try and catch himself or anything...just take a nose dive off the bed...I don't get it
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011