Moms from North Carolina, I need some help. My uncles getting married and I have never been there.

My uncle called me today and he and his fiance finally reset the date for their wedding. They moved it back so my grandfather who is just finishing up his cancer treatments was not putting his health at risk. They are getting married on October 22, 2011 at The Biltmore in Asheville, NC. I have never been to NC before so I was wondering where to stay, what else there is to do, and where we would fly into. I will have a 1 year old, a 3 year old, a 4 year old, and a 2 month old at that time.

mrssmitley1210

Asked by mrssmitley1210 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Travel

• Its Asheville NC. You can fly into Charlotte International but that is still a decent drive but the flights would be less, but you would add around 2 hours of a drive to Asheville. Asheville does have a regional airport, Delta flies into it. You could check into a flight to Charlotte then a puddle jumper to Asheville Regional.
    There are alot of places in Asheville you can stay at. I live around 60 miles from there. There are also surrounding cities where you can find hotels maybe for less. You can check Travelocity and sites like that in Asheville, Hendersonville, Mountain Home, Fairview, and those are the towns I know of off the top of my head.

There is alot to do around here you will be here in the fall. Be sure to rent a car to see take a mountain drive. The leaves changing are gorgeous.

Answer by gemgem at 5:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Im sorry I dunno why I keep doing that! I know its Asheville and for some reason I keep saying Ashford. I also thought Tennessee when he first said it because I thought Nashville. I live in Colorado and I sware the leaves around me dont change colors. They just turn brown and fall off the trees. I miss living on the east coast. I was born in PA.
    mrssmitley1210

Comment by mrssmitley1210 (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I went back and changed it from Ashford to Asheville.
    mrssmitley1210

Comment by mrssmitley1210 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• OMG, you are going to love it! Asheville is a pretty little town and the Biltmore Estate is awesome! If you can afford it, you should stay at the Grove Park Inn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The Grove Park Inn is really pretty but they dont have any availability on my dates :(
    mrssmitley1210

Comment by mrssmitley1210 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You didn't mention how old your kids were, but Chimney Rock is a great place to visit that's close. There are also tons of waterfalls around - check on visitnc.com for a map of scenic waterfalls. Make sure you reserve rooms quickly - they tend to fill up for the fall months, and that's their prime "in season" so check rates at several places.

Answer by missanc at 4:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2011