Right or Privilege?

Bedroom doors.
Any age/sex.
opinions? why/why not?

**sorry guess I should've put this in the debate section!**

** Any sex/age means doesn't matter if they are 0 or 21, boy or girl**

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 5:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Right! Everybody has a right to some privacy....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• my parnets never let us kids shut our doors and if we did they toook them off the hinges... PRIVILEGE
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Right to have one, but not to have it locked in my opinion.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• unless the kid did something that made me remove it,like screwing around with a boy/girlfriend,its a right. Everyone deserves SOME privacy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Privilege.

They can get dressed in the bathroom...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My husband and I had a disagreement about this just recently.  I wanted to take the doors down because my 5 year old slammed his door.  I didn't actually see it but I immediately said "take the door down".  He told me that it was an accident (my husband witnessed it).  I let it go but if any of my children ever disrespect our home by slamming a door those doors are coming down if I have to tear them down my own self, lol.  Definitely a priviledge. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Everyone has a right to privacy!
    TracinVA

Answer by TracinVA at 6:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think privacy is essential so bedroom doors are a right to me. Everyone should have a haven from the world. I don't understand the any age/sex part though. Children shouldn't be having sex and if they are I'm not going to support it. I don't think it's either one - a right or a privilege. It's for adults.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Oh and I am the same.  When I was about 12 I got into the bad habit of slamming my door in anger.  I lost that door too.  It didn't kill me and I definitely wanted it back.  I didn't slam doors after that, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Never had to do it yet. B/C my kids know not to have members of the opposite sex in their rooms. If they ever did, losing their door would be the least of their worries! Besides, how else can you block out their messy rooms? -lol
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011