Isnt the army supossed to back up and suport their soldiers?

my bf is Army and has been for the last 5yrs well we have a landlord that is activly TRYING to get him kicked out of the army. The landlord has come to the house screamed and cussed at me and called me everything but a white woman, he is now trying to make us pay for damages done in a break-in, because of a bank error he wants us to pay 'late payment fees' (we gave him the check and then the bank wouldnt put it through, as soon as he informed us 2weeks later we paid in cash) he has gone to my bf's CO, 1st sgt, and camander, emailed everyone above the rank of E5 that my bf is commiting adultry (hes been going threw a divorce for the last 1 1/2yr), claims we wreak the house (i'm a neat freak i'll give anyone who wants it pics) we are not on a lease and havent been since Oct 2010.
The morning after the landlord told us we had 24hrs to get out, someone started trying to break in the house as soon as my bf left for base. The guy trying to break in knew i was in the house he saw me face to face and kept trying to break in untill the cops showed up.

the morning after that one the SAME guy came back and tried to break in again while my bf was still home, after a warning shot fired into the ground he ran.

Now the asshole landlord is taking us to court for the non existing "damages" but when my bf went to his chain of comand they said he would be in the field the on the day of the court date so they are saying he has to pay the landlord over a $1000 in bullshit charges.

This landlord is targeting soldiers and the army is letting him by with it!
There are two more soldiers that are friends of ours (unbeknown to the landlord) that rented from this guy as well and they had the same thing happen to them this month.

The house we rented was no prise it was bulit in the 40's or 50's nothing but the tiling has been updated and so when the sink leaked this guy tried to charge us, the windows let in all this great El paso, TX sand and there is no way to keep it clean (trust me i tried)

I'm just venting but i would love to hear what all y'all have to say i'm so frustrated and this is the 3rd week we've been dealing with this.

thesouthernmom

Asked by thesouthernmom at 5:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Lol, PP they don't punish for adultery. My ex and I were married, he cheated on me with two chicks including another female soldier, and this was before our kid was born and divorce papers filed... We weren't even legally separated and they knew. No, they do nothing. Maybe if you really push it like take it to like IG or something, but it seemed like more drama that it was worth.
    Anonymous

• He has to evict you. He can't throw you out in 24 hours. I'd be looking for another place anyway. It sounds like he's not a good landlord. The military just goes by rules. They will support the rules and make the soldier abide by the rules.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The Army does not get involved with civil matters. This is a civil matter. After having a Dad in the Army and married to two soldiers in different branches I can tell you this... It is not the military's job to get involved here. My best advice is to move, because it sounds like you genuinely need to. You don't need the military to tell you that.

GL and I hope it works out.
    Anonymous

• If your bf is still married it IS Adultery in the eyes of the military and they Army can and probably will punish him for it.
    Anonymous

• Thank you and we have moved. We did NOT involve the military the landlord did and we are catching the fall out.
    thesouthernmom

Comment by thesouthernmom (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No they cant they have to have proof and untill we had to move on such short notice i had my own bedroom. We already delt with the adultry charges.
    thesouthernmom

Comment by thesouthernmom (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If your boyfriend feels like he has legal questions he can go to JAG. I don't know if they will touch this issue but he can go there and ask. There isn't much his CoC can do since it is a legal matter now and it would have to be JAG, if anyone who helps.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 9:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2011