Should I take her to the ER or just wait. Her doctor isn't in again until Monday

ok so her doctor isn't in until monday although she can see a diffrent doctor tomorrow. But should I let her wait until tomorrow or Monday or go ahead and take her to the ER tonight. I asked a question earlier about high temps. Well my daughter who will be 6 next month got something yesterday she was throwing up all day until 2pm and a fever of 100.3 then after dinner it went down so I thought she was getting better. Well this morning it was up to 102.6 and she threw up just the one time this morning. She went pee this morning then went a few minutes ago, but that is the only time she has peed today. Her temp is still 102.6 she was saying her throat hurts, but not to swollow just hurts and now she barely has a voice. She has slept litterly all day (I know it is good to let them). Yesterday she was eating bland foods, but now today she isn't eating at all (although I know that is ok too). But I don't think she is getting enough to drink and she wont drink when I ask her too. She says her teeth hurts when she chews. The nurse today told me they sagest not giving anything for the fever because the fever is good. She also told me they don't see them for a fever but how they are acting. Should I take her to ER? Wait until Monday? Or wait until tomorrow and see how she is and take her to the doctor that is there tomorrow?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I agree with buterflyblue, it sounds like strep. Take her to the doctor or urgent care. The different doc can run a strep test just as easily as her regular doc.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Sometimes we gotta force them to do things that we know is going to help them. Just explain to her that if she doesnt drink any water or take the bath to get her temp down that you're going to have to go to the hospital... That usually kicks my son's butt into gear. He whines and cries the whole time but hey, it works.
    shuggsmommy77

Answer by shuggsmommy77 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• take her in. sounds like strep

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If she is not drinking, I think I would take her to the ER. She could dehydrate, so better to be safe. I hope she is feeling better soon.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Okay then what exactly is your question?  I'm not trying to be an ass but okay.  You want to know if you should take her to the ER but then when these moms say yes take her, it's "she doesn't want to move".  One says put her in the bath then you say you want to but again, she doesn't want to move.  So no, don't take her to the ER and don't put her in the bathtub, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Take her to the other doc tomorrow. She's not an emergency case, the fever isn't that high, she'd catch more crud sitting in the ER possibly. Take her to see the other doctor tomorrow.
    Anonymous

• she isn't really wting to mve either. she has o been out of bed besides this morning was 2 other times today 1 time to pee the other time cause she was watching tv in her room and the cartoon had monsters on it so she wanted me to change it
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would definitely take her to urgent care or ER for the simple fact that she could be dehydrated. The fever isnt the worst thing to worry about ... You could try a luke warm bath (not cold) to lower the temp but she could have the flu. I would definitely take her to someone today since she's not drinking any fluids. Good luck.
    shuggsmommy77

Answer by shuggsmommy77 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Fever isn't a bad thing. I'd just keep her hydrated. If she gets worse or has other problems then I'd go to the ER.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• thats what y husband says, but I went up to check on her just now and asked her again and now she says her throat doesn't hurt....
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2011