Advice on what to do about thinking about ex?

My boyfriend and I are engaged but he wont set a date. Really not in love with him anymore but staying together because of the kids. Recently been talking to my ex and I miss him. Can anyone relate or know what to do? Please dont judge.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• i know the feeling of having something with someone and then questioning ur feeling for a ex. my stitution is some what similar to yours. i was with my ex from high school to my early 20 and we been through it all. the relationship ended when he cheated and i couldn't deal with the fact that he conceived a child with this person.

every now and then he'll calls me and i think what if?and believe me it can get to you. what you have to do is consider what relationship you can see yourself in with out cheating or regretting

if you want my opinion don't stay with your fiance because of the children you deserve more and everybody deserves happiness..like i said i don't know the situation which caused you to end ur relationship with your ex but take sometime and decided whats right..good luck

bobbys4eva

Answer by bobbys4eva at 1:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• There are 2 things going on here: #1 you are thinking about your ex. Are you truly in love with him and miss him? Does he feel the same way? You need to find out where this is going because if it isn't going to go anywhere that you want it to...stop it!
    #2. don't marry the BF unless you plan to stay married to him ....if you are staying with him "for the time being"...you won't move on until you end up in a negative situaton...not the best way to move on. If he's not the one, get yourself together, get strong and move on...the right one is out there.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 1:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• There was no good reason me and my ex split up. Just simply that I graduated and thought I wanted something different. Yes I do love my ex and from what I can gather is he still has feelings for me. He talks to me as if he misses it as well but he knows I have kids and in a relationship so he isnt trying to overstep and giving me plenty of room.

Now I am scared of change and what will happen if I leave my BF. It is just eaiser this way but I am far from happy. My BF is never ever home cause he works nights and when he gets off he goes to the bar. Its a vicious cycle we are in. Its one I dont want. I just dont feel love for him at all any more. I am just so confused and I knew this was a good place to turn. Thanks for listening.
    QTMamma01

Answer by QTMamma01 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I wouldn't get married if you don't love him and are still thinking about an ex. I married my now ex-husband because I was pregnant with our daughter and thought that was the right thing to do even though I knew there wasn't any love on either side and he treated me like crap the whole time. It ended up costing me a lot in an ugly divorce. I know now that a marriage only can work with an honest commitment, love and trust.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Ask yourself which one would you be happier with down the road, but do not marry someone just because of the kids, it won't work unless there is love from both of you.
    iri24

Answer by iri24 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2008