Gyms

Are gyms better to workout in better then doing it at home with the dvds?
What are some really good gyms.

I've never really liked them becuase they are full of "skinny" people or helathy people and they look down on the overweight like myself. Even though you are there to better yourself. Maybe its the gym I don't know. But I haven't been back to one since. I

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think gyms are really gross and unsanitary. All of the sweat and grime and germs... Eww. And there's no way in heck I'd want to take a shower at a gym.

I personally enjoy my Flirty Girl Fitness dvd's. They are super fun to do and I can do them in my living room when my daughter takes a nap. Most of us women just need some cardio and real exercise, and these dvd's DO work.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I go to the Y. I really enjoy it there because it is more family oriented.

kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I LOVE DVDS!!!! but you are less distracted at the gym i go to YOU FIT!!!! it is a very inexpensive awesome gym!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• id rather stay home
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I go to 24 hour fitness. I don't have the motivation to do it at home. I am overweight and don't feel looked down on or anything like that it just seems to me that everyone is in their own world, I know I am.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 7:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Isn't the 24hour gym the one biggest loser uses.
    red_head_mommy2

Comment by red_head_mommy2 (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes it is.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 7:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I am not motivated to do it at home, but I don't have the money to go to a gym
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 10:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Some people like to workout out home, some prefer the gym. Try working out at home and see how it goes 1st. Try to find a gym who will give you a trial period. It would suck to get into a contract only to find you prefer working out at home. Personally, I MUCH prefer to workout at the gym. I am much more focused at the gym. Find a gym you feel comfy with. YMCA is family oriented and you'll find a bigger range of types of people there. But even so, my best advice is to quit worrying about what other people think and just do your thing- I mean this nicely but you're are just as unimportant to everyone else that doesn't know you as they are to you. TRUST me, chances are super good that they're not thinking anything about you!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I do a combination of the gym and working out at home. I like to workout 6 days a week. I try to do 4 days at the gym (our local YMCA) and 2 days a week at home. Usually, something will come up during the week at least once that will prevent me from going to the gym, so instead of not working out at all that day, I subtitute my gym workout with working out at home.
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 2:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011