Could this be teething?

My little guy is 5 months and has been eating rice cereal for about a month now. The last few days whenever he takes a bite he starts screaming like he is in pain. He seems really hungry, but then just screams and won't eat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes possibly you need somthing to cool his gums , we have teething rings in england that you put in the fridge they do help ,or pain relief medicine . good luck
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Its very possible - my son never had the typical symptoms of teething but would cry when he would eat and cry if he tried to chew on a toy
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yes, more than likely! My son is 5 months and has 2 bottom teeth & is getting his two front teeth now. He always cries while eating his bottle and he chews on everything! If he is drooling a lot thats also a sign. Good luck!
    prettyNpink0769

Answer by prettyNpink0769 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yes, my son is 7 months and has 3 bottom teeth, he was eating so good but then he would just cry when I tried to feed him. So now I put in a little baby oragel and he'll eat after that!!
    PsycheSis

Answer by PsycheSis at 1:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• sounds like teething. putting a wet washcloth in the fridge or freezer and then letting the baby suck on it, tends to bring relief
    purecity

Answer by purecity at 9:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2008